채수찬 (Chae, Suchan)
School of Business and Technology Management | Professor
email@example.com | +82-(0)42-350-4911 ∥ N5, #2112
- Field of Study
- Game Theory (Bargaining Theory)
Regulatory Economics and Policy
Korean Economy and Policy
General Equilibrium Theory
- Micro Economics, Macro Economics
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Pennsylvania, USA (1985)
M.S in Mathematics, Chonbuk National University , Korea (1980)
B.S. in Mathematics, Seoul National University, Korea (1978)
- Major Career
- Professor, Department of Business and Technology Management, KAIST (joint appointment at Graduate School of Innovation and Technology Management and Dept. of Mathematical Sciences) [Jul. 2010 - present]
Chairman of the Board, Han River Society [Aug. 2008 - present]
Chairman of the Board, Grand Vision School (for North Korean refugees) [Oct. 2009 - present]
Visiting Professor, Dept. of Mathematics, Seoul National University [Jul. 2008 - Jun.2010]
Member of National Assembly, Korea (National Policy Committee, Finance and Economy Committee) [Jun. 2004 - May 2008]
Professor (tenured 1993), Dept. of Economics, Rice University [Jul. 1985 - Dec. 2004]
- Key Papers
- Chae, S. and Moulin, H. (2010), Bargaining among Groups: an Axiomatic Approach, International Journal of Game Theory, 39, 71-88.
Chae, S. and Heidhues, P. (2004), Buyers alliances for bargaining power, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 13, 731-754.
Chae, S. (2003), Can time preference be an instrument of price discrimination?, Economics Letters, 81, 173-177.
Chae, S. (1998), A Bargaining Model of Retransmission Consent and Must-Carry Rule, Information Economics and Policy 10, 369-387.
Chae, S. and Yang, J. (1994), An N-Person Pure Bargaining Game, Journal of Economic Theory, 62, 86-102.
Chae, S. (1992), Bundling Subscription TV Channels - A Case of Natural Bundling, International Journal of Industrial Organization 10, 213-230.